Products Herbal, Green & Black Teas
Backyard Patch Product and Purchase Links
Click any linked (underlined) word and it will take you to the eBay or Etsy store or you can click the "add to Cart" button to add it to your shopping cart here! To view the items in your cart Click the "View Cart" button found at the top if each page.
All herbal teas are available in a loose leaf grind but we have put the larger than fine grind tea in 2 1/2" dia. tea tin or three tea sacks. Each sack has enough tea for a 3 to 5 cup tea pot while the tins are loose leaf with enough for 12 to 15 cups of brewed tea.
- Afternoon Lift (01)- a blend of chamomile, lemon balm and which is a soothing blend with a bit of a pick-me-up for the afternooon.
- Calming Spirit (02)- this is a minty blend of spearmint and papermint with lavender, rosemary, and that is great iced or hot. (our best seller).
- Cinnamon Spice (17) - Pungent citrus and flower tea spiced with cinnamon and orange peel. This is not overpowering, but rather sweet and tart. Lemon verbena, chamomile and rosemary are the complimenting herbs in this blend.
- Winter Remedy (03)- Rose hips make it fragrant, peppermint makes it cooling, and sage gives it special soothing properties. A natural fever reliever.
- Cure All (04) - Peppermint, sage and rosemary create a minty tea with a unique piney edge. Peppermint soothes the throat and relieves congestion. Sage lends it antiseptic properties, while rosemary adds to the curative nature.
- Dreamtime (05)- A relaxing combination of chamomile, lavender and catnip. Lavender & chamomile combine to produce an aromatic and soothing mixture to help you sleep.
- Headache or Lemon Headache Relief (08 & 09) More like green tea than most herbal blends, a musky combination of flowers and herbs for stress and cold-related headaches. One is lavender thyme, and rosemary, the other is lemon grass, lemon thyme and rosemary.
- Lemon/Lavender Splash (10) Special union of lemon balm and floral lavender creates a light colored tea. The Mediterranean taste of the lavender comes through nicely.
- Lemon Peppermint (11) Lemon balm & peppermint combine to enhance each other while providing a good decongestant and sore throat treatment.
- Nerve Soothing (12) Flowery chamomile mixed with germ-killing sage, soothing thyme and relaxing rosemary make a distinctly herbal blend.
- Rest Easy (15) Minty combination helps one relax and get restful sleep. Best if taken before bedtime. A relaxing blend of spearmint, chamomile, lemon grass, and other herbs to help one unwind after a busy day. Good iced or hot.
- Rose Blush (13) High vitamin C blend of rose, sage and hibiscus with deep fragrance & wonderful red color. Great hot or iced.
- Rosy Bite (14) A special combination of sweet rose with sour hibiscus. Another rosy colored high vitamin C drink especially good on a cool morning.
- S&G Blend (Simon and Garfunkle) (22) A blend of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme with strong illness prevention power. Good against winter colds and spring allergies.
- Shakespeare (16) The herbs of the Winter's Tale. Two mints (spearmint and peppermint) join with seasonings lavender, savory and marjoram to create a tea that is superb after a filling meal.
- Teatime (18) An orangy tea flavored with chamomile, hibiscus, rose hips and cinnamon. It is high in vitamin C and rich in color. A good tea for those looking to move from bitter black teas without loosing the rich color and texture.
- Therapeutic (19) Ginger lends its strong root flavor and curative properties while sage & thyme kills germs. Good for those trying to avert the winter sniffles or bronchial congestion. Ginger's strong root flavor is a major component of this tea.
- Work Cure (20) For those who can't stay home, this stimulating blend of thyme, cayenne, & peppermint relieves bronchial symptoms and allows you to go to work.
- Zesty Lemon (21) For lemon tea lovers, this special blend combines four lemon herbs (lemon balm, lemon thyme, lemon verbena & lemon grass) with a hint of lavender for a dynamic lemon flavor, strong but not overpowering. Lavender takes the edge off and makes this a good evening blend.
- SAMPLERS -- We took all our teas and divided them up into theme samplers so you can try a few of our blends and see which ones you like. Each sampler contains three different teas along with cotton tea infusers so you can try several cups of each blend. We currently have 5 available but more are planned.
The Backyard Patch has experimented for years with herbs to create caffeine-free herbal teas. We have now moved our skills to create herb-infused flavors in Black and Green teas. Now you get the special qualities of herbs with the pick-me-up of Black or Green tea. Please be aware our black and green teas are the highest quality, but are not caffeine free.
- Garden Gait Tea -- A Blend of Black Tea, hibiscus, blackberry and raspberry leaf and lemon verbena that is just a bit tart. With a rich color and several healing properties this tea is great hot, but is perfect for making iced tea. Made for the first time in 2010 for the annual garden walk of the Lisle Women's Club, this tea is a great fundraiser for their scholarship fund.
- Angel Tea – The blend of Black tea with lemon herbs and flowers such as lavender, calendula and rose petals was first made for the Glen Ellyn, Illinois 1st United Methodist Women’s Club Tea event in 1999. The blend is so flavorful that it is still a big seller. Perfect when sweetened with a touch of honey and good as an iced tea too.
- Lemon Bergamot – a blend of black tea, bergamot and lemon verbena that remind one of Earl Grey in flavor with a lemony scent that is wonderful both hot and iced.
- Victorian (Lavender) – A simple blend of black tea and lavender flowers that has a sweet floral taste and a wonderful richness that makes it the perfect accompaniment to scones in the afternoon or pancakes in the morning.
- Victorian Crystal -- These blends combines black tea with rosemary, sage, hyssop, cinnamon and other spices to create a rich, dark tea that is great in the morning or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Hibiscus – Black Tea and Hibiscus makes a citrus flavored black tea that is both richly colored and perfect hot and cold.
- Citrus and Cinnamon – Black tea, with lemon and orange peel along with nutmeg and cinnamon make this a strongly flavored tea kin to a Chai.
- Floral Tea – All herb flowers have been blended into this black tea mixture, including hibiscus, lavender, calendula, mint, lemon balm and orange peel to make a sweet and not too strong tea with a hint of lemon. contains: black tea, lemon verbena, rose hips, calendula
- Shamrock -- This individual blend of Irish black tea, spearmint, blackberry leaf and rosehips was created especially for the Wheaton History Center "Shamrock" Tea held January 9, 2000
Indian Chai -- My own recipe for this delicacy of India is created to mimic the flavor of traditional Chai Tea and is easy to prepare. Sweeten it with honey or sugar to taste and you will have a rich tasting spicy blend that is perfect with milk. In addition to loose leaf black tea this blend contains, ginger, cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, fennel and nutmeg. Recipes for different preparation methods are included.
Here are the available Green Tea Blends, including our new Green Tea Chai blends:
- Dragon Well Green Tea -- Dragon Well is a Japanese pan-fried leaf with a traditional taste having a hint of spice.
- Pearl (gunpowder) Green Tea -- Gunpowder has a stronger taste than most green teas, with a natural tea overtone. Called Pearl Tea in China because the leaves are rolled.
- Green Tea to Calm Nerves -- Pearl green tea with soothing lemon balm & lavender aids relaxation along with skullcap's gentle relief of depression and the sleep aid of valerian.
- Green Tea for the Tummy -- Dragon Well green tea & several herbs help relieve spasms & bloating due to gas. Includes calendula, chamomile, lavender & dill
Green Tea Remedy -- Dragon Well green tea with echinacea, thyme, peppermint & cloves helps relieve cold symptoms. other ailments.
Green Chai Spice – Like traditional black Chai this contains cardamom & cloves with a hint of calendula and almonds for a nutty aftertaste.
- Green Chai Basil – Made with Dragon Well Green Tea and Holy Basil, this has ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves as well. The flavor is more traditional, but the basil gives it a hint of the out of the ordinary. In India, Chai made from holy basil (Ocimum sanctum), is used to treat colds and reduce stress.